Guidelines in the Processing of Application Under Self-Directed Learning
For CPD compliance, aside from credit units received from accredited CPD providers by attending trainings and seminars, you can also apply for crediting self directed and lifelong learning based on the Matrix of CPD Activities.
A PRC Memorandum Order was issued for the guidelines for the processing of Application under Self Directed Learning.
In view of the thrust of the Commision to exercise maximum flexibility in the implementation of the Continuing Professional Development Act of 2016, all concerned are directed to observe the following:
- The CPD activities under the category of Academic Track and Self-Directed Track (Annex K of resolution No. 1032, s. 2017 and the Operational Guidelines of various professions) shall be applied for to earn CPD credit units under the self-directed and/or lifelong learning.
Step by Step Procedure
STEP 1: Secure an Application Form
Secure an Application Form for Crediting Self Directed and/or Lifelong Learning at Window 15, 16 or 17 of the Registration Division, PRC-PICC or at any of the Regional Offices, or download through www.prc.gov.ph.
STEP 2: Fill-out the Application Form and comply the required documents.
Please provide one (1) set for receiving copy.
STEP 3: Proceed to Window 15, 16, or 17 of the Registration Division, PRC-PICC, or at any of the Regional Offices for evaluation and assessment.
Submit the documents required to support your application:
- Original and Photocopy of Certificate of Attendance
- Program of Activities
- Diploma / TOR /Certificate of Completion, etc.
- Certificate of Patent
- Copy of published material/book
- Certificate of Entitlement /Appointment as Professorial Chair
- Others that may be required by the CPD Council
- Soft copy of the Application including supporting attachments in PDF format saved in CD.
- Pre-paid pouch (preferably from Philpost) for applications filed in Regional Offices only.
Step by Step Procedure
STEP 4: Pay prescribed fee
In Cash, Postal Money Order, Manager's Check, Bank Draft payable to Professional Regulation Commission) of Five Hundred Pesos (P 500.00)
STEP 5: Affix the documentary stamp on the application form
STEP 6: Submit Application Form
With the attached documents and photocopy of the official receipt to Window 15, 16, or 17 of the Registration Division, PRC-PICC or at any of the Regional Offices.
After 60 days from the time of application, the concerned CPD Council will send an email about the status of your Application for Crediting Self-Directed and/or LifeLong Learning.
If you able to comply with the requirements, they will attach your approved application in the email.
Submit this form when you apply for the renewal of your Professional Identification Card or PRC ID.